Wednesday, March 25

A Rare Second Post


I'd like to take this oppurtunity to commend my friend Steve Kouril of the Virginia baseball team on a fine showing in the Hoos 13-4 victory over Towson on tuesday night. Steve started at DH and went 2 for 3 with a walk and 3 runs scored. The 2 hit performance raised Kouril's average to .500 this year with 4 runs scored and one stolen base in his only attempt.
I personally think it's really cool that a kid I grew up playing with and against is now playing at a major division one program and it could not have happened to a nice or more deserving person. Steve also coaches my younger brother's summer league team and is a perfect example of how hard work can pay off for them. I wish Steve continued success and if UTS ever gives me a weekend off i'll be out there heckling him with the rest of the fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment